Monday, April 5, 2010

Fever Pitch -- 2005




Fever Pitch
(2005)

Rated PG-13 for crude and sexual humor, and some sensuality.
My Rating: 3 stars

Drew Barrymore
Jimmy Fallon
Jason Spevack
Jack Kehler
Scott H. Serverance
Jessamy R. Finet
Maureen Keiller
Lenny Clarke
Ione Skye
KaDee Strickland
Marissa Jaret Winokur

Drew Barrymore is another of my favorite actors. She always makes me laugh. But this movie didn't ring a bell with me, even though I've always liked baseball more than any other sport. Pathetic, huh?

Lindsey is a highly successful business woman who loves her work with a passion. Little does she know that romance is just around the corner... with the most unlikely person ever.

Ben is a super-fan of the Red Sox baseball team and his devotion always seems to put off girls. He doesn't care though. He'd rather have his game than a girl any day.

But when he meets Lindsey, that changes. Life suddenly got a lot more beautiful. But can two obsessed people make a relationship work? And if they can, will it be healthy?


What I Liked:
1: Lindsey's parents. Her dad and his hair totally cracked me up every time. Hilarious! I've never seen anything quite like it.
2: Oh... I must admit it: I did enjoy the romance. :-)
3: Ben reaction to maybe having a kid was so sweet. I don't know of any girl who wouldn't think, “awww” about a dad-in-the-works buying baby clothes.
4: Very little language. Nice change.
5: Great acting.

What I Didn't Like:
1: Crude jokes... and there were a few.
2: Sex scenes... well, they stopped at kissing, but you know what's happening. It was awkward and didn't help the story in the least.
3: The story/film/etc wasn't me. I couldn't get into it.

My favorite Drew Barrymore film is “Music and Lyrics”. That film was ::fun::! (I can't recommend it 100% but it's a sweet story with some excellent music in it.) If you're a big sports fan, Fever Pitch might be your kind. It wasn't a horrible film and I did enjoy some of it. :-)


No comments: