Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ernie Haase & Signature Sound

Ernie Haase & Signature Sound
(2005)

Produced By: Lari Goss

Song Titles:
1: Shout, Brother, Shout
(Lari Goss)
2: Trying to Get a Glimpse
(James Weatherington, Suzanne Jennings)
3: Godspeed
(Joel Lindsey, Sue C. Smith)
4: Then Came the Morning
(Gloria Gaither, William J. Gaither, Chris Christian)
5: Do You Want To Be Forgiven
(Rodney Griffin)
6: This Old Place
(Dianne Wilkinson)
7: If This is What God Wants
(Rodney Griffin)
8: Pray For Me
(Dianne Wilkinson)
9: Goodbye Egypt (Hellow Canaan Land)
(Marty Funderburk/Jerry Kelso
10: Forgiven Again
(Gloria Gaither, Benjamin Gaither)

On the list of popular Southern Gospel Singers/Groups, Ernie Haase and Signature Sound are probably right at the top. They have added a new sound to the Southern Gospel genre and lots of people love it. Including me. :-)



This is my favorite of their recordings, so far, with my favorite song being “If This is What God Wants.” The first time I listened to the recording, I was in bed with a case of pneumonia. I needed the encouragement and there it was. Especially in the song title I listed. It helped me realize that I didn't need to worry how long it was going to be before I was back on my feet... or if I was ever going to be. Whatever God wanted for me was best and I wasn't going to stand (or would that be lay? :-)) in His way.

As you can see, Signature Sound is closely associated with Bill and Gloria Gaither but I assure you that the sound they produce is completely different. :-)

The Group:
Ernie Haase – tenor
Ryan Seaton – lead
Doug Anderson – baritone
Tim Duncan – bass
Roy Webb – pianist & mischief maker

No comments: